AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Friday, July 4, 2008

Celebrating my 1st Blogoversary

Pic collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ Red Hill ~ one of the most scenic landscapes on the Mornington Peninsula

Writer's Island prompt ~ Celebration ~ This post is now a special dedication to Writer's Island
Meme Express prompt ~ festive + fireworks + fun + family

~
One year ago today I began blogging
Not really sure where I would travel
Poetry would be there
But I longed for pics ~
My own pics
~
Finally
Within the year
My dream to own
A digital camera
Became real
~
So now
I try to bring
The landscapes
I love
Close to
The poetry
I love to write
~

THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE WANDERED HERE AND SHARED MY WORLD.
YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME TO KEEP WRITING!
And today, my spirit is filled with the festive spirit of fireworks! Yippee!
~



P.S. This post has now become an extra celebration. I celebrate my contact with the Writer's Island family of bloggers and the host, Rob Kistner. He intends to close the prompt element of Writer's Island. To quote my comment just made to Rob on the Writer's Island website: It is thanks to you that my blogging world opened. By chance, you found my blog, posted a wonderful comment about my poetry, then invited me to Writer’s Island. This was where I discovered the world of prompts. Since then, I have explored others, but have always posted regularly to Writer’s Island, my first “home”.
Lately, armed with my digital camera, my writing is finding new worlds. But it all really began with you, giving me confidence to get my writing known! For that, I cannot thank you enough.
So. I wish you eternal happiness in your creative world. It is a very important sanctuary.



THANK YOU ROB! IT HAS BEEN A FUN TIME

(My aristocratic? insignia ~ Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk Upon Water)

17 comments:

Jeanie said...

Happy Blogaversary, Gemma! I'm so pleased to have discovered this through Write on Wednesday -- your photographs are amazing.

paisley said...

gemma, i have so enjoyed the opportunity to grow with you on your blog.. the addition over the past year of your inspired photography has indeed made the experience ever so much more pleasurable......

Rosebud Collection said...

Thank you Gemma, for sharing your beautiful pictures and poems..

SandyCarlson said...

Beautifuly expressed in pictures and poetry, Gemma. Congratulations. And thanks for the beautiful work here that graces my reading and my thoughts. You're a real gift.

becky aka theRAV said...

WOW! You have a wonderful blog with equally wonderful photos.

Ralph said...

Congrats on the Blogoversary!

No doubt about the old saying about a picture 'saying a thousand words'. Your pictures do just that.

Wonderful poetry, lovely pictures - both to behold.

Anonymous said...

I stopped by before and could not find a place to comment, perhaps all the interesting things kept my eyes wandering. This is a beautiful blog. I must come back and visit.

A Wild Thing said...

You have a most beautiful soul Miss Gemma, it has given you the freedom to express who you really are and it is a privilege to get to know you through your words and vision...congrats on your blog...
sharon

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Congratulations on your first Blogoversary!

LadyNoor said...

Happy first blogoversary! And have a good time with the digital camera :)

totomai said...

happy blogsary Gemma. yes, the camera is a powerful tool. i had my blosary last march and it was such a great achievement. hehe

if words dont come your way in some times, let the photos taken by you do the talking :-)

Jeques said...

Lady Gemma,

May this words add to your joy in celebration of the 1st year of Gemma's Greyscale Territory ~ the corner that showcase your works, your words, your photography, your gift, your soul.

I am blessed finding your corner and be inspired by your wonderful creations. I am blessed for your visits in my web nook and your encouraging words and valuable feedbacks of my works.

It is sad that Writers Island would be close for now, but I am grateful for the island for it was instrumental for me to met kindred souls like you.

I wish you inspiration and may you contenue to pour the oil of your soul in your works for in that way you soothe many more souls thirsting and hungry.

I share your joy in the celebration of your gift.

I wish you well.

~ Jeques

anthonynorth said...

Congrats on your first year - and best of luck with the next.
It's always a pleasure to visit.

Andy Sewina said...

Congrats on your blogoversary, long may you continue to post to the blogisphere...

Jan said...

hi gemma, i have enjoyed watching the changes take shape in your blog. congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! i have 3 blogs going, and none of them are a year old, yet. Most of my photos are on my 'non-poetry' blog but i am thinking i need to add more as i write poetry. i really liked the widget you had with the visitor's comments; whatever happened to that? i had it on my blog and suddenly it seemed to die. any idea how to get something else like it? anyway, congrats again, and i'll be back! jan

LA Nickers said...

Gemma -

Across the many miles . . . I am pleased and honored to be your blogging friend. Your photos and verses inspire me and so many.

Congratulations and blessings on your one-year anniversary!

Blessings,
Linda

PS: Thanks for participating this week at MEME EXPRESS . . . and so faithfully at SIMPLY SNICKERS. (I was away for a week and am just now sorting through recent posts.)

MEME EXPRESS – daily blog prompts

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary!! You're so good - I always forget. :P

It's been great getting to know you! :)

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails