Monday, December 31, 2012
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Friday, December 28, 2012
Skies over Queenscliff on the Bellarine Peninsula (on the opposite side of Port Phillip Bay from my Mornington Peninsula)
The black lighthouse is the only one of its colour in Australia and it is said that it's one of only three in the world.
The notorious The Rip, just beyond the headland, opens into Bass Strait.
A guarded headland
Watching journeys through The Rip
Like a caring guide
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Sign at a little restaurant at Queenscliff on the Bellarine Peninsula.
Love the chalk design even though locally is spelt incorrectly!
The scents of freshness
Foods brushed with Nature's magic
Tempting the senses
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Monday, December 24, 2012
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Friday, December 21, 2012
Thursday, December 20, 2012
St Marks Anglican Church Dromana runs a lengthy holiday program each Christmas (through January) holidays.
Time for just playing
Finding the creative soul
A worthwhile past time
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Wetlands at Hillview Community Reserve, Dromana
Etchings in wetlands
Reeds sing songlines of being
Black and White Wednesday
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
I was fascinated by the strange melting of shadow and reflection on this car in a Rosebud carpark.
For just a moment
Odd shadowy reflections
Like wild swirling paint
Ruby Tuesday 2
Monday, December 17, 2012
Horses waiting to perform in the Stardust Circus.
The travelling circus is a Christmas holiday attraction at Rosebud each year.
As I mentioned in my last post about the lion, I am not keen on using animals in a circus.
And I have never seen a circus performance either.
Special white horses
Travellers and circus stars
Sunday, December 16, 2012
A lion waiting for the time when he performs in Stardust Circus, Rosebud.
This is a travelling circus that appears on my peninsula in the Christmas holiday season.
Strangely, I have never been to a circus.
I am not really fond of the idea that animals are used.
A kind of sad face
A wish to find some free breath
In open spaces
Straight from the Camera Sunday
Haiku Heights - Wish
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Friday, December 14, 2012
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
In the white world of Martha Cove marina homes, the red stands out.
I am not sure why this particular home has a single red pillar.
It looks odd to me.
White marina worlds
Many white boats and white homes
Lonely red pillar
Ruby Tuesday 2
Monday, December 10, 2012
Sunday, December 9, 2012
This photo of the sulphur-crested cockatoo was taken 3 years ago.
In those early days, their numbers were small.
But when up to 50-60 cockatoos chose to be fed here
- and they began destroying any wood around -
my husband was finally persuaded to stop feeding them.
I must admit, I miss taking their photo.
The pain of waiting
Waiting to be fed some seed
Straight Out of the Camera Sunday
Haiku Heights ~ Pain
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
The Inner Light of the Spirit
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title