Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Even though there are many bare boughs, there are some flowers, like this camellia, beginning to bloom in Winter ~ Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula.
I took these photos yesterday on a balmy Winter's afternoon.
The tree in the background is a leafless liquid amber.
Today's Flowers #46
Surpise pink flowers
Break the ice of winter whites
Flag bearers of Spring
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
I measure out my life with haiku. My camera films my soul. ~ Gemma Wiseman
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Mascots of Spring to Come
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
The Inner Light of the Spirit
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
Now that's gorgeous!
Wow, flowers in winter?? We have no such thing, too much snow. But thankfully it's summer in my part of the world and I'm glad for it. I did enjoy your winter picture and poem above. Winter from afar is fine.
What a princess of a flower that rose is, gorgeous!
It's amazing to realize that all things are kind of upside down in relation to our seperate 'positions' on the globe: we have the height of the summer now here in Finland (the longest day (about 22 hours!) was just a few days ago, and all this week has been quite nice & warm (today some 25 C). And also; it's an evening here now (almost bedtime for my daughter - if only she wasn't on a holiday & didn't sleep til midday, which she did!!), while in Australia I guess the earliest birds are just about getting up...?
Lovely pictures you have here, and found you profile very touching, I wish you all the best things in life -- from here, far far away, and still, near.
Your flowers and your poem are very, very beautiful. Flowers do break ice, that's for sure.
Flowers in winter means frozen sculpture!
very tall camelia
So happy of pink flowers.
Lovely post Gemma. Nice poem
BEAUTIFUL rosy pink blossom ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Post a Comment