Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Strange old structure at the front of a Red Hill property, Mornington Peninsula
Shadow Shot Sunday #57
Like a water tank
Like a turreted castle
I measure out my life with haiku. My camera films my soul. ~ Gemma Wiseman
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Blurring into Shadows
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
The Inner Light of the Spirit
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
What an interesting structure. It certainly does resemble a castle. Is it the remnants of one?
That really is an fascinating building and I agree it looks like a castle. Whatever it is, you got a great shadow shot! Love your words, they're haunting and beautiful.
Finally home from work...I'm pooped, but had to check your shadow out and what an interesting little structure, evokes all kinds of mystery and magic...makes you wonder what spirits live there still and what childish imagination would build such a structure.
Wouldn't it have been fun as a child to be the princess of this keep, imagine the beautiful ponies we would have ridden all 'round the grounds...
Always the child at heart, how 'bout you friend.
Hey there, great SSS, old yet weary full of wonder of the old times, thank you for sharing :) cya MonikaROse
What a cool structure - curiosity has gotten us though...we'd have to explore - love the lamp post there too....so interesting!
What a funny little discovery. The building looks like it is on the verge of collapsing judging by the tilt of it. Unless you've tricked me and took the photo at an odd angle! It's a wonderfully unusual shadow shot Gemma! :)
The magic lamppost
casts its shadow and revives
awesome structure.. what is it???
There's a lamppost and crumbling structure. Must be Cair Paravel!
It almost looks like a small replica of a castle turret. Great shadows!
Lovely find ... wonderful choice for this weeks shadow shots too.
Hugs and blessings,
what a strange place...but indeed great for a shadow shot...
Post a Comment