Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ White feathers and shadows on my back verandah in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Shadow Shot Sunday #56
Cold morning shadows
Labyrinth of shade and light
Some white travellers
I measure out my life with haiku. My camera films my soul. ~ Gemma Wiseman
Sunday, June 14, 2009
A Few Shadows, A Few White Feathers
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
The Inner Light of the Spirit
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
Such beauty to be surrounded with every morning, even on cool days, the company seems never ending...bonds forming perhaps. They know where friend dwell and will frequent as long as the mood is loving...can you imagine not being in love with nature...
I'm late to work, but had to stop by before I ventured into the cold damp freeways of my Saturday...have a wonderful Sunday Gemma, g'day to your feathered friends!
Oh, what a fabulous shot! I love the birds! Amazing! Happy SSS!
Have a great weekend!
How wonderful to be visited by such creatures - they look so magical.
That is incredible. I can't get over how many cockatoo's are sitting there. Do they stay for long?
Great picture Gemma! I can't even imagine being greeted by all of those cockatoos - unless I was in the zoo!! (but then again, three kids do make me feel like I live in the zoo now that school is out!)
Enjoy your week!
That amazes me that you have so many cockatoos hanging out on your verandah Gemma! I love the one that you've captured in flight! For a chilly morning the birdies all look snug and happy basking in the sun :)
If I ever had those birds around..I wouldn't know what to do.
They are beautiful. What great pictures you took..Happy SSS..
Great picture capturing that bird in flight along with the porch shadows
Wow! Love the contrast... so do these feathers fly north for the winter? Or do they stay around all year? Thanks for stopping by.
Wonderful shadowy action shot for today ... just beautiful ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
LOTS of white feathers... and lovely shadows. Love the bird in flight. So wonderful to catch him/her with wings spread full like that. Lovely.
They look like they are sitting there waiting for you to feed them breakfast Gemma! Just sitting there waiting for their friend:D
They are soo cool...great shadows too!!
you are clearly very popular with the winged crowd!!
Post a Comment