AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Unseen and Unseeable Wonders


Collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ Arthurs Seat skies and my favourite tree ~ the willow ~ at Balnarring, Mornington Peninsula
~
Cafe Writing ~ 2008 Holiday Project ~ Option 6 ~ Timed Writing ~ Unseen and Unseeable Wonders
~
The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.
~Francis P. Church, “Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus”
~

Behind the veil
Mountains wing weary walkers to the skies
Clouds bring sunny rains in midnights
Seas cradle sailors to many homes
Any homes
~
Above the veil
Earthy ochres paint pyramids for starred dreams
The moon tumbles joyfully down
A romantic waterfall
~
Beneath the veil
The song of a willow smiling
A rose weeping
~
Around the veil
An endless
Fairy ring
~

2 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Are you up and running...???

I once was drawn to my hen house, an unseen force pulled me there. I was working inside and didn't have time to go out, but that nagging feeling finally took hold of my hand and I strolled to the hen house, where all the new baby chicks were scurrying around senselessly chasing bugs, but my eye was drawn to the edge of the pen where a huge snapping turtle, nearly 24 inches long, shell to shell, was almost through the pen. Having dug and chewed his way through the wire, he was nearly home free for chicken dinner.

Now you tell me my garden friends didn't have a hand in this...I like to think they did anyway.

The forever child...s

Anonymous said...

Dear Gemma,

First, I absolutely love your collage photo. I am always drawn to how foliage contrast with water like that. :)

Secondly, these are my favorite lines (below). You really captured the beauty of nature in this one as well as things that are magical and "wonder"ful. :) I'm such a romantic at heart.

"Above the veil
Earthy ochres paint pyramids for starred dreams
The moon tumbles joyfully down
A romantic waterfall"

Finally, I fell in love with many of the songs on your music playlist. I am in fact listening to them now and hope you do not mind me selecting from your playlist and adding onto mine. I finally caved in by joining playlist.com website as I've heard of it some time long ago. Otherwise, I was always on Pandora (and I used to be on myspace). Have you heard of that site--Pandora? It's an Internet radio, but I think I enjoy playlist.com a whole lot more because you CAN CHOOSE your own favorite songs. Gemma, you have the kind of songs I'd be listening to and meditating to.

I kindly thank you for the musical inspiration. As always, I do enjoy your writings. :)

Blessings,

lotus

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails