Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Souvenir from northern Tasmania.
Blue Monday meme
That's My World Tuesday XL
It looks plain and insignificant, but what it says on this blue plastic key ring is amazing!
I've been to the Promised Land
Across the way from Paradise
Down the road from No-Where-Else
Via the Devil's Gate, Tasmania.
Each of those names represents real names of real places in Tasmania.
No-Where-Else is a hamlet with a remarkable pottery gallery!
P.S. I purchased this at an incredible tourist attraction called Tasmazia (check out this website for a taste of living fantasy) in the Promised Land outside Sheffield in the north of Tasmania.
The world of Tasmazia is a crazy complex located in the wonderfully named town of Promised Land in the heart of Tasmania's beautiful Cradle Mountain and Lakes District.
Tasmazia includes 8 mazes, featuring The Great Maze, reputedly the world's largest, as well as The Village of Lower Crackpot, a whimsical model village built to 1/5th scale, The Honey Boutique, The Pancake Parlour, a Gift Shop, a Lavender Farm, and ever present views of majestic Mount Roland...
Tasmazia is the brainchild of Brian Inder, a former farmer, who has transformed his Promised Land dairy farm into this brilliant 20,000-shrub lavender farm, then devised and built the incredible mazes, Lower Crackpot, and the rest of this magical world over 20 years.
Brian Inder (as he is known to his mother) prefers to go under the name of Laird Crackpot of the Village of Lower Crackpot, along with his wife Laura, have simply got up and created a quite magical world of their own...
The inspiration has clearly come from far and wide; the Great Maze is reputedly the World's Largest, one of the mazes is an exact replica of the famous one at Hampton Court Palace in England, another has a Wizard of Oz theme, while there's a memorial to the inventor of the toilet at the end of the absolutely infuriating Cage maze...
The Village Motto is 'Fractis Sed Utilis', which translates, 'broken but still useful', which a cracked pot is.
Crackpot Angels' home
School of Lateral Thinking
NOTE: Crackpot Angels is a motorcycle club.
Badges to join the club may be purchased in the shop.
The School of Lateral Thinking is a building in the village with a humungous arrow reaching sideways.
What a great way to take a dream and share it and live it!
Pic by Gemma Wiseman
Monday, July 13, 2009
A Glimpse of Tasmazia
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
The Inner Light of the Spirit
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title