Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Now that Autumn is here, it is not easy to find flowers.
But these roses linger on at the end of rows of grape vines at Eldridge Estate Winery, Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula.
I love the blush of pink on some of the white petals.
Today's Flowers #41
Last roses linger
Naked grape vines twist and twirl
Lady and the Tramp
I measure out my life with haiku. My camera films my soul. ~ Gemma Wiseman
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Lady and the Tramp
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
The Inner Light of the Spirit
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
A wonderful photo of a beautiful white rose. I especially love how you have captured the lovely scenery behind the rose for us.
White roses, wonderful.
You have autumn, we have spring.
I have visited your country a little.
To me, walking in the rainforest was someting great.
Gemma those are perfect white roses. Glad you still have some around. =)
Roses at the ends of vinyard rows do dress up the landscape and are a great indicator of the health of the soil.
Gemma: What beautiful roses, mine are just budding.
Yes, we have opposite weather. Now our roses are in full bloom. However, autumn is my second best season besides Spring. Love the foliage.
Oh..me too! I love that touch of pink against the white. Your bird pic's are cool - as are the others..and your kitty- Awesome! Thanks for stopping by with your comments too- Hope you had a relaxing weekend!
Post a Comment