Side wall of St Mark's Anglican Church, Dromana
Construction of the Neo-gothic-style St Mark's Anglican Church was commenced in 1892 and the first service was held in the church in April 1893. The church was constructed using rusticated limestone with red brick quoins and features rendered parapets at the gable end.
St Mark's is the Mornington Peninsula's third oldest Anglican stone church and is only pre-dated by St John's in Sorrento (1874) and St Andrew's in Rye (1882).
Ref: Australian Heritage
Textures and shadows
Rigid lines and curving shapes
Linking to Weekend in Black and White