Pic by Gemma Wiseman~
My neighbour's tree and shadow in Winter's afternoon light, Mornington Peninsula
Shadow Shot Sunday #63
Leafless and lonely
A stark symbol of Winter
I measure out my life with haiku. My camera films my soul. ~ Gemma Wiseman
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Shadows of Winter
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
The Inner Light of the Spirit
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
Ah, the perfect picture of winter! And what a great shadow shot!
Have a great day!
The lonely vision of winter...it almost feels like fall here, I imagine I hear the school buses already, a sure sign fall is here. This summer season is way too short for me, we spend 2 months wallowing in summer and the rest of the time dreading the winter...what a waste of a day...and you could see all of our shots last year why we dread it so much...too cold and too long.
I worry what this years' winter will be like, they say it will be a long cold one again. With the economy as it is, we worry about having any biz in the winter, as people struggle just to get to work, let alone go shopping, very scary!
Maybe I'll just fly to Australia for the winter...wouldn't that be fun!
Have a great week dear friend, take a walk on the shoreline for me and breathe in that wonderful salt air...I'll be waiting!
What a heart-breakingly beautiful image. But I suddenly realise why I love living in Queensland. If you knew how much I hate the cold, you'd understand!
Haha! Funny that we both posted sad-sack winter tree shadows this week! Love yours! I really like the background colour too! The way you've shot this it looks like two little trees. So at least they have each other and maybe they're not so lonely after all. Have a super week. Keep warm Gemma :)
Hey Harriet had a beautiful tree shadow too..I always feel so sad when the leaves fall, especially when I know what is coming.
Tree stripped of its leaves
waits impassively for spring
and a fresh budding.
wonderful light in that shot!
I love this photo. The color is perfect.
I also like the light in this shot - it glows - with the promise of spring maybe?
Post a Comment