Collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ One of the roads in my Mornington Peninsula world that I often travel and a wine bottle from a Christmas party.
Monday Poetry Potluck #17 ~ Journey and The Road Ahead
I know You are there...
Reaching into unfiltered sands
Like a shipping channel
But with seasonal warnings attached...
Offering me an umbrella
The chance of rain
But not so good on those
I know You are there...
I feel like a pioneer...
Bumping along in a home-made wagon...
In a dinghy...
The hollow pain of aching for
And all the while I know
I am committed
Ride or sail or drive
I know You are there
For I taste the scents of questions
And ultimately know...
I dream of Your precious chalice
Always waiting for my celebratory wine to pour
You tease me with
A brief whiff...)
Exclusive vintage from
My watery, limpid tomorrows
Magically turned into the wine of memories...
But I do understand just one thing...
I need to tread the grapes
In naked feet
My yellow brick road
To meet me
Jingle Poetry's Monday Poetry Potluck is hosted by Amanda and Kavita
Monday, January 10, 2011
Journey and The Road Ahead
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title