AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Journey and The Road Ahead


Collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ One of the roads in my Mornington Peninsula world that I often travel and a wine bottle from a Christmas party.
~
Monday Poetry Potluck #17 ~ Journey and The Road Ahead
~

I know You are there...

Reaching into unfiltered sands
Like a shipping channel
Chartered
But with seasonal warnings attached...

Offering me an umbrella
Sometimes...
Convertible for
The chance of rain
Or sun...
But not so good on those
Blustery
Windy days...

Yet always
I know You are there...

I feel like a pioneer...
Some days
Bumping along in a home-made wagon...
Other days
Cast adrift
Alone
In a dinghy...

Glare
Grit
Frost
Scorching sun
The hollow pain of aching for
Holistic food...

And all the while I know
I am committed
To walk
Ride or sail or drive
Maybe run
Maybe fly
Onwards...

I know You are there
Going somewhere...
For I taste the scents of questions
Sweet eagerness
Spicey concern
And ultimately know...

Nothing...

I dream of Your precious chalice
Always waiting for my celebratory wine to pour
And fill...
(Sometimes
You tease me with
A brief whiff...)
Exclusive vintage from
My watery, limpid tomorrows
Magically turned into the wine of memories...

But I do understand just one thing...
I need to tread the grapes
In naked feet
Before
My yellow brick road
Rises
To meet me
~




Jingle Poetry's Monday Poetry Potluck is hosted by Amanda and Kavita

5 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

That is really beautiful Gemma! It sounds like a modern take on ancient wisdom, really nicely done.
I love how you added the yellow in your collage too.

Anonymous said...

Cute write up.
Enjoyed a ton.

Anonymous said...

oh ok! trampling grapes to yelow brick road.. thats nice! here’s my new year potluck- http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/life/

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

magical capture of your kind of journey..

love the flow.

A++

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely participation, Happy Tuesday!

Potluck Week 17 Treat/Awards 4 You, Enjoy!

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails