Collage by Gemma Wiseman
My Poetry in a Nutshell ~ January 6-11, 2011
An unknown rich face/ Character etched with vision/ Threads of yesterday
Down a winding path/ Treasure in a sea of greens/ Nature's sweet secret
Summer carnival/ Holiday games and fun rides/ Colourful puree
Summer and water/ Crowds are drawn to gleaming sands/ Holiday spirit
A routine of highs and lows/ Caged circle of freedom/ Daily drudge/ Becomes/
A thrill on/ The ferris wheel
Marina beauty/ Gentle serene water worlds/ Sweet secret haven
Chords and harmonies/ Vibrant sounds of summer beats/ Heated holidays
Distant city view/ Pale mysterious mural/ Geometric art
Running/ Barefoot/ On a fresh freeway
Salt scents/ The rain of sun
Seeking new moccasins
Strolling summer sands/ Enjoying the rain of sun/ My shadow and I
Enjoying the beach/ Like living in private worlds/ Faces of summer
Belief in new life/ Celestial destiny/ Joy in abundance
Belief in new hope/ Celestial abundance/ Inner destiny
For every downfall of an Empire/ For every Dark Age/ For every Holocaust
For every curse of poverty/ Flood/ Drought/ Starvation
For every onslaught of/ Greed
Lust/ Manic madness
For every loss of a child
For every dark night/ There's a brighter day
Somewhere/ For some one
Candle magic/ Longings/ Romance/ Golden memories/ All dancing in
One/ Tiny/ Flame
Yellow parachute/ Like a flying umbrella/ Sail led by sailing
I know You are there...
Reaching into unfiltered sands
Like a shipping channel
But with seasonal warnings attached...
Offering me an umbrella
The chance of rain
But not so good on those
I know You are there...
I feel like a pioneer...
Bumping along in a home-made wagon...
In a dinghy...
The hollow pain of aching for
And all the while I know
I am committed
Ride or sail or drive
I know You are there
For I taste the scents of questions
And ultimately know...
I dream of Your precious chalice
Always waiting for my celebratory wine to pour
You tease me with
A brief whiff...)
Exclusive vintage from
My watery, limpid tomorrows
Magically turned into the wine of memories...
But I do understand just one thing...
I need to tread the grapes
In naked feet
My yellow brick road
To meet me
A boutique township/ Bubbling with colour and sights/ Waiting by the sea
Never build on unstable ground/ So we are told/ But some choose
Shifting earths as/ A place to grow/ Creatively
Wizard Wells magic/ Legend in wine storage art/ Unique promotion
Fickle social seas/ Restrictions surf around us/ Just keep floating on
Queensland flood crisis/ Like realities melting/ Kaleidoscopic
Sunday, January 23, 2011
January 6-11, 2011 ~ My Poetry in a Nutshell
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title