Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A strange water view!
The pier at Schnapper Point, Mornington Peninsula is being re-built.
Supposedly, it is to be finished by December 2010.
This is how far it has advanced by 16th December, with only days left to complete.
(The structure on the right is part of the old pier.)
But, in all fairness, there has been so many days of rain, that it would be hard to keep to a schedule.
And I'd much rather safety and quality building were high priorities!
Watery Wednesday #119
Destroy and construct
Living and partly living
Hosted by 2sweetnsaxy aka T. Bruce
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
To Pier or Not To Pier!
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title