AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Manifesto for 2011


Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ I love the Desiderata.
This is my version hanging in my hallway.
The light in the left top corner is from my mini chandelier.
The following 2011 Manifesto was inspired by the Desiderata.
~
Sunday Scribblings #257 ~ Manifesto
+
Carry on Tuesday #85 ~ With the New Year fast approaching, our prompt this week is the opening line from Helen Hunt-Jackson’s poem New Year’s Morning:
Only a night from old to new!
+
One Single Impression #148 ~ Comb
+
Haiku Heights #23 ~ Charity
~


Only a night from old to new!
Let this be our manifesto!
~

Comb out the tangled hours of days
Gently
Methodically
Lovingly

Cream the aged lines of tensions into
New innocence

Let the auras of nutritional powders
Highlight the cheeks
And the tones of natural mascara
Liven the shapes of eyes

Moisten the lips of
Dry conversation

Spring clean the mind
Do good
Feel good
Welcome the opportunity for charity

**************************
HAIKU
Charity means love
Bask in the glow of giving
Unconditional
**************************


See new sails
Hear a new drummer
Taste new soul foods

Bless the mirror that looks beyond the face

And bless the feet that
Breathe the freedom of
New moccasins
~

Only a night from old to new!
And that is the difference!


Let this be
Our manifesto
~


Hosted by Keith's Ramblings


Haiku Heights is hosted by Leo


Hosted by Andrée and SandyCarlson


Hosted by
Laini Genge and
Megg Taylor

19 comments:

Nanka said...

WOW!! That is a combination of so many prompts!! Like the way you have incorporated the words without losing the theme of the poem :)

Great work Gemma and well done too!!

Cheers!!

Understanding Alice said...

the thing that coaught my eye the most was "spring clean the mind" i could do with a de-clutter :)

Ramesh Sood said...

Well done.. liked each of of these gems!

George S Batty said...

this is a beautiful manisfesto I would be proud to hang it on my wall and read every day. excellent...excellent...excellent

Lilibeth said...

Spring cleaning of the mind--I need to do that. Also could use a little spring cleaning of the body--hit the gym and all. You've inspired me with this great weaving of ideas.

Sherri B. said...

If ever there was a year when I need to spring clean my mind, this is it! I enjoyed your prompts so much...thank you for sharing your words!

Teresa said...

Great poems! I think 2011 has snuck up on me. It is time to ponder what I want it to look like. Very nice job.

Cheryl said...

Very nicely done!

Unknown said...

I have always valued the simplicity of this piece of writing - it could sound very good spoken. I'd like to check it the recording from 1971 I just googled.

Nice post, Jemma. I hope you had a holiday.

Peace,
Gina

eyeography said...

Brilliant work all of them...
I super-like :)

Anonymous said...

A promise in the making.

Please have a good new week.

daily athens

The Write Girl said...

What inspiring poems...I like your manifesto. Beautifully written.

Anonymous said...

Gemma, what lovely thoughts. I love the Desiderata, too. Your phrasing and the feeling behind it ring like a bronze bell. Mine was more cynical, but then, that sarcastic streak is as hard to tame as a cowlick!

http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/manifesto-destiny/

Namaste! Amy

Wendy said...

I like the trope of the body. So much of this could be about aesthetics...the idea almost of getting ready for the night...hair....lips...face, etc. and yet this runs so very deep

Rumya said...

"Comb out the tangled hours of days"

----
That was a wonderful line to start your poem on. Loved it Gemma!!

David said...

I also liked the way that you combined different prompts into the same post. Well done!

Other Mary said...

Very well done - gems, every one.

Anonymous said...

amazing,
smart combination of prompts.
well done,
Happy New Year.

Flying Monkey said...

Wow. This is amazing stuff. I especially loved the Haiku on charity (as someone who doesn't really get Haikus!).
I came across the Desiderata as a teenager and you just reminded me again of it. I'll have to dig it out now.
Happy New Year!

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails