Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ edited in Picnik
Carry on Tuesday #84 ~ Carry on Christmas ~ Dear Santa
You may have forgotten about me by now.
I was once a child, but now there is just a little child within.
It is that hidden child who is writing to you.
Many many years ago, you gave me a beautiful bridesmaid doll with pretty golden hair.
But I was so disappointed.
I wanted a bride doll.
Strangely I grew to treasure that doll with the wonderful eyes that opened and closed.
I guess you were teaching me to appreciate what I had
Instead of always longing for what I thought I wanted.
I called my bridesmaid Ruth.
Years rolled on
And finally that bridesmaid doll disappeared for awhile.
It was Christmas.
I was about 10 years old.
And there, beneath the tree was
A bride doll.
I was pleased but not excited!
I thought that this doll was my Ruth
In new clothes.
Now the reason for this letter.
I am not asking for much.
(Let the children thrill to the joy of Christmas!)
But in your travels dear Santa,
Please drop me a note and tell me!
Did bridesmaid Ruth
And if so
Hosted by Keith's Ramblings
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title