Magpie Tales #46 ~ Picture by Willow
I got me a real bargain!
You know, these gloves are famous!
In the 1960's, they were in the Triumph motorbike advertisements.
Ann-Margret, the beautiful Swedish/American actress, starred in The Swinger and rode a Triumph motorbike in the film.
Then Triumph wanted her as the face of Triumph.
And she wore those gloves in photoshoots!
(Aside from acting, Ann-Margret so loved motorbikes.)
But do you know the real story behind the photos?
I know from a reliable source that those hands in close up photos do not belong to Ann-Margret!
Ann-Margret's hands didn't photograph well.
So they used the gloved hands of another famous actress.
I'll give you a clue.
She LOVED wearing gloves and is most famous for her hot pink ones!
Those ads actually co-featured the gloved hands of Marilyn Monroe!
If that auctioneer had only known the real story, I wouldn't have got them for the crazy price of $500!
They would have been at least worth double!
A great investment!
So did I waste my money or not, eh?
Hosted by Willow
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
A Leather Glove Story
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title