Monday, August 31, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ I know I have posted one version of rain on leaves before!
But I am fascinated by the artistic patterns of raindrops!
I had to post another!
Macro Monday meme
Beauty of raindrops
Bright leafy jewelled bubbles
Tiny silvered tears
Collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ Lots of white Spring blossoms in my garden and just a hint of pale mauve blossom ~ Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Mosaic Monday meme
Nature's fragile jewellery
Crucibles of Spring
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Multiple exposure collage of phone at Tyabb Art and Craft Village + night lights in Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Carry on Tuesday #16 ~ It was a wrong number that started it, the telephone ringing three times in the dead of night ~ Opening to Paul Aster's City of Glass (1985)
Monday Poetry Train Revisited #43
In the dead of night
Telephone ringing three times
Like the dead walking
First love was a swirling place
No rhyme or reason
Far away island
Just clumps of rhododendrons
Eden was a savage place
Second chance crumbled
Cold telephone reminders
Wrong number wrong place
Three chances to love
Last life is ringing now
For whom the bell tolls
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Nearly Spring sunlight and shadows in my Dromana Hills world, Mornington Peninsula
Shadow Shot Sunday #67
Squiggly shadow shapes
Waiting for the flesh of Spring
Gaunt hunger and thirst
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Seagulls in low flight over a chidren's playground area at Dromana beach, Mornington Peninsula
Camera Critters #73
Flock of white seagulls
Instinctive birds of the sea
Pattern of sea wings
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Programme cover of my school's musical performance.
Last night, after a long and weary Friday of teaching, I attended my school's performance of Grease.
The performance was professional!
Talented dancers and singers created a "feel good" atmosphere.
The musical score was beautifully presented, adding some quirky extras to the original.
There was a real old car on stage for the well known song "Greased Lightning".
Brilliant choreography, costuming and lighting effects!
It was uplifting!
I felt proud to be a part of Casey Grammar School!
PhotoHunt #177 ~ Surprise
A new Greased Lightning
Surprise bolt of energy
Brilliant drama storm
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~
Tables and umbrellas waiting for summer warmth at Portsea Hotel ~ overlooking Port Phillip Bay, Mornington Peninsula
3WW #CLII ~ fracture + noise + vanish
Summer noise and sights vanish
Like a wrapped fracture
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Side view of Portsea Hotel, Mornington Peninsula
This hotel is huge with many dining areas.
Old and new window styles blend to create a charming mix of worlds.
On the terrace you can enjoy sweeping views of Port Phillip Bay.
Sepia Scenes #45 + Window Views #19
Nostalgic views are within
Seas from then till now
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title