AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Awards! Awards!



Tracey of Hey Harriet has awarded all her Shadow Shot Sunday participants with 2 awards. (I am a regular Shadow Shot participant!)
The Brillante Weblog award was handed out on Sunday 21st July and the Arte y Pico award was given just today!
~
At first, I felt I didn't deserve the Brillante Weblog award, but it looks so pretty, so I have changed my mind! (Ooops Tracey! You must think I am mad!)
~
Tracey is just fantastic! She encourages all her participants in Shadow Shot Sunday with bright and breezy comments! It is a joy to visit her blog, not just for her Shadow Shot meme, but her comments on the Brisbane, Australia art world. And even her grumblings about cold winter are entertaining! (Not much longer Tracey and it will be over!)
~
Tracey is a Libran as I am! Maybe that's why our "craziness" clicks so well! Ummm but I think I am a tad worse than her! I am quite sure I've had more years of practice!
~
I would like to pass both awards on to Sharon of Sweet Repose in Iowa. Her blog is a delight to visit! She lives in a fairytale pink "chateau" (with Scratchy her dog), creaking at the seams a little, (I mean the chateau!) but that is all part of her intriguing personality! She is an antique junky (Sharon has new energy saving techniques! Read her commode posting!) and has just embarked on a poetry fling that is simply awesome! Check her out and be prepared to smile!

5 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Gemma, you are the spark that said 'YOU CAN, it's there'. You will never know what this has meant to me, the odd child that felt she never fit in. It was there all along, it just took a special being from a land down under, to fire the flame.

Thank you so much for your kind words...but there's alot more that's creeking than the bones of this old house...but then again, isn't that the way of it.

Your friend from the green shores of Iowa,
sharon

paisley said...

congrats of course to you my dear,, as no one is more faithfully deserving,, and what a perfect choice you made in extending it to sharon,, newbie that i am over there,, i do soooo love her blog!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats and definitely a well deserved award. Happy weekend ;)

Hey Harriet said...

Hehe! You are mad! Life's more interesting being a little mad ;) Thanks so much for those very kind words! Awww shucks! Hey as a Libran you may have the same inability to make decisions as I do? This is the real reason why I wear so many beanies at once. I cannot decide on which one to wear, so I wear them all!

Nova said...

you just deserve those awards, you have a nice blog here... and you reminds me of my cousin because she also have the same name as you are..

thanks for the visit and the comment to my page..

hope you'll have a great weekend!

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails