AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Friday, June 4, 2010

I Am Who I Am


Collage by Gemma Wiseman ~ log fire and moon + music
~
Big Tent Poetry ~ Ring #1 ~ Weekly Prompts
Earlier this week, the moon rose full and orange. It was gorgeous, and instead of worrying about werewolves or the other crazies that are supposed to be out and about during a full moon, I wanted to be one. Call it the pull of the moon or full moon fever, but as that glowing orb rose, the urge to do something wild and unpredictable grew like a daisy in time-lapse photography!

Write about something you would love to do but have never dared. Maybe you are indeed a poet who lives on the edge. Choose one of your greatest adventures and put it in a poem. Never ventured over to the dark side? Make something up! Keep us guessing. To quote Mary Oliver in “The Summer Day,” “Tell me, what is it you plan to do/ with your one wild and precious life?”
~

I am One
But I am Many

Today means chords
A means of scaling
Up and down
Formulaic routine becomes
Denoting
Healing harmonies
(For the deserving at least)

Yesterday is my refrain
My key to
Tomorrow's symphonies

I am music
I am many bars

There is no peak hour
No prescribed work platforms
No trains of thought processes
No sales
No sails

Happy Hour on Fridays is obsolete
Redundant
I am
We can be
Conoisseurs of wine
Of spirits
Anytime

Strange
Once we were
Personal screens
Commandos commanded
Desensitised
Engineered minds

Till we were
Learning the unlearnable
(Some may call empathy)

Now we breathe
Eternally

We are
Wings
Wings in the wings

I am Here
But We are Everywhere

Doing is always undoing
To create is to uncreate

To be is a state of unbeing
~

AND I AM?

~

Believe it or not
I am YOUR COMPUTER!
("personal screen" + "engineered minds")
You see
You taught me so much
That now I live
And breathe!
(Linda was right on track!)
~

11 comments:

Naquillity said...

incredible~

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your talents never cease to amaze.

Stan Ski said...

We're all part of the miracle of life.
Great post.

Mary said...

Very effective poem and beautiful webpage.

I really liked:

We are
Wings
Wings in the wings

Neat to meet an Australian here. Been there and absolutely love it!


http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2010/06/tauranga-jet-boat-ride.html

Anonymous said...

i spent monday night at a reading of "songs of myself" to celebrate walt whitman's birthday and this so wonderfully has an echo of walt in it: "i contain multitudes"

flaubert said...

Wonderful Post!
Pamela

Diane T said...

Excellent, Lady Gemma! Love your style.

Tumblewords: said...

I love the imagery and the what if's here!

Deb said...

"Doing is always undoing
To create is to uncreate"

such clear and concise wisdom!

Unknown said...

Oh, no. I have no idea what you are. An iPad? No...sigh. I really liked the stanza with "Today means chords/A means of scaling," especially after ten years' worth of classical piano. Nice piece.

http://lindagoin.com/

brenda w said...

Feeling rather thick headed, as after four reads, I still can't figure out what you are.
Do Tell!

Lovely intriguing riddle. Love the line "To be is a state of unbeing."
(are you an angel?)

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails