The Pink Ladies (the women are dressed in palest pink) was founded as an auxiliary in 1941 to provide services for patients and visitors and to raise funds for Frankston Hospital on the Mornington Peninsula.
The first president, Edna Vincent, received an MBE in 1964.
She was president for an amazing 58years until she died in 1999.
These older women are a smiling delight, a ray of happiness in the kiosk near the entrance of Frankston Hospital.
There are now nearly 100 volunteers.
There is also a Pink Ladies group, further south on the peninsula, at Rosebud Hospital.
It began in 1988 and has 53 members.
The president there, Claire Duffus, received a Health Volunteer Award in 2009 for initiating an Op Shop at the hospital.
The Pink Ladies gift
When pain fractures the spirit
A smiling kind face