At last darkness smiles
Bright Willow Manor Ball lights
(Just click on the flowers
And they will take you there too!)
Fresh sprigs of flowers scent the air
And the gracious
Awaits her guests
I've brought a gift for her
She is a Libran
This ball is my birthday enchantment
On the eve of my birthday
So to thank her
A little Libran magic
Glittering dancing shoes
I will feel
I will fly in their beauty
And my dress
Deepest port wine
I'm living a dream
For a little while
But there is more...
I have long admired the multi-talented
He brought the soul of Shakespeare to film
And he breathed life into
King Arthur and his romantic Camelot...
And he arranged for me to get to
The Willow Manor Ball in
A private jet...
The nerves are seeping in
I am approaching Willow Manor
I see the lights
I hear the music
I see Willow
And I see Michael
Holding out his hand to me
His wife Pat
A professional, internationally renowned photgrapher
Is by his side
With a camera
She agreed to photograph
Our first dance...
My birthday is tomorrow
But tonight I dream...
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A little Santa figure - slightly weathered but still beautiful - near my front entrance
Yard Art on Thursdays meme
A little magic
A little Christmas all year
A little treasure
Hosted by maryt/the teach @ Work of the Poet
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Ornaments in the waiting room at the dentist's surgery at Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula
Sepia Scenes #102
Like a small garden
Mystical corner of peace
A Zen like moment
Hosted by maryt/the teach
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A cargo ship sailing Port Phillip Bay - as seen from my verandah in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
3WW #CCVIII ~ engulf + imminent + tamper
Sensational Haiku Wednesday prompt ~ Stress
Schedules engulf care
Cargo weights tamper with speed
Deep frowns engulf life
Pain and stress tamper with smiles
Hosted by Thom @ Three Word Wednesday
Hosted by Jenn
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ This is not where you would expect to take a photo!
Yesterday, I had the pleasure (ahem!) of taking (dragging) my husband to the dentist at Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula.
He was in pain!
Once he was fully flying with the fairies in the dentist chair and the receptionist had wandered away, I took this photo of the waiting room.
That opaque glass in the background created a soft scene of shapes and light.
The beautiful ambience helped me prepare for the next instalment when my husband emerged again!
Lovely Photo Wednesday meme
Soft romantic lights
Patients' lounge extraordinaire
Dentist's gentle drill
Hosted by Hannah Nicole @ Aspire
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Early morning riders at Banarring beach, Mornington Peninsula.
I love the levels of blue tones moving toward the horizon.
Midweek Blues meme
Wonder of blue horizons
Early morning dreams
Hosted by Rebecca Haegele @ The Dusty Cellar
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Glittering early morning waters at Balnarring beach, Mornington Peninsula
Watery Wednesday #107
Early morning light
Mystical water magic
Like Nature's secrets
Hosted by 2sweetnsaxy aka T. Bruce
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A youngster dining in a Dromana restaurant - as seen through the window.
I used the reflections in the window to create a mystical surrounding.
Ruby Tuesday meme
Youngster dressed in red
A dreamy window moment
Capped with innocence
Hosted by maryt/the teach @ Work of the Poet
Monday, September 27, 2010
Microfiction Monday #50 ~ where a picture paints 140 characters, or even fewer. Susan says:
Photos will be from my own archives; illustrations are from Dover Publications' free clipart sample newsletter.
I'm so very lucky!
Seeing the ships lets me be the girl who danced through a honeymoon cruise.
A locked, endless honeymoon...a still..
Hosted by Susan (Ireland) @ Stony River
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A snail crawling across a piece of plastic caught in the rain
Macro Monday #105
Like a micro tortoise shell
Beauty of small things
Hosted by Lisa @ Lisa's Chaos
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Love the fine detailed white layers of this tiny flower growing on a vine round my verandah in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Today's Flowers #112
Little white flower
Tiny drop of innocence
Sweet sign of Springtime
Hosted by TODAY'S FLOWERS TEAM
LUIZ SANTILLI JR. DENISE IN VIRGINIA LAERTE PUPO SANDY CARLSON
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Bright yellow sign for busy Bittern General Store, Mornington Peninsula
Mellow Yellow Monday #88
Bold and yellow sign
An old but popular store
A great place to stop
Hosted by Drowsey Monkey
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A bronze statue (sculpted by Peter Corlett) of John Cain jr, a former premier of Victoria, Australia.
This is one of four life-size statues of premiers outside the Treasury building in Melbourne.
The other statues are of Rupert Hamer, Henry Bolte and Albert Dunstan.
Each statue was commissioned by eccentric premier Jeff Kennett as a collective monument to those who served more than 3,000 days (8 years and a few months) in office.
There have been 45 premiers in the last 150 years and only 4 (post World War II) met the 3000 days criteria.
One Single Impression #135 ~ Monument
Prompt suggested by Ramesh Sood ~ A Little More Than Ordinary
Monuments mean achievements
Character cross-roads in time
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ These statues of Henry Bolte and Albert Dunstan have been placed to appear chatting!
And is it my imagination, but Dunstan seems to have a remarkable resemblance to Sir Winston Churchill!
Hosted by Andrée and SandyCarlson
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Shadow gingerly tries the kitchen window ledge catwalk for the first time!
Pet Pride meme
Tread where angels fear
Don't pose as a sweet angel
Wise gems from Shadow
Hosted by Bozo and magiceye @ wingsandpaws
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Scene outside the Dromana Tourist Information Centre, Mornington Peninsula
Sunday Scribblings #234 ~ Love
Describe the beautiful tingle of a glance between an old couple across a crowded room
Describe why and how a mother feels the pain of her drug-riddled son
These represent just a couple of perspectives of that
Phenomena we call
There is far more to love than the drama of youthful, impassioned lovers
Love may be expressed as an intangible philanthropic bond of caring strength
When poverty is an endless cycle
When health is at risk of being unhealthy
When education is a remote luxury
Love can be an agent for an enigmatic, transforming connection
That creates a surreal dimension known only to the lover
The grey sunrise that welcomes imagined colours
The whispered word "home" (sounding like a glorious mansion) when war weary children return
The taste of exotic fruit behind humble buttered bread
The scents of a rich spiritual harvest after prolonged drought
The gentle touch that lingers through heavy tomorrows
Love is an eternal giver
Willing to walk in another's weary shoes
Willing to supply the light
Keeping shadows behind them
Quietly hoping to feel love
A child's quiet arm around the shoulder of a sad mother
There is love
Laini Genge and
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A peaceful rural view of Spring at Red Hills, Mornington Peninsula
Lavender and green
Sweet fields of Nature's colours
A Spring tapestry
Weekend Nature #19 ~ Fields of Spring Beauty
WELCOME TO WEEKEND NATURE
Here you may post ANYTHING - landscapes or macros - related to Nature
animals - wild or domestic
birds - wild or domestic
Grab the badge for your post or simply link back with a permalink!
(LINKS will usually open Sundays at 7:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time)
*** PLEASE - Include your NAME + COUNTRY(initials will do!)
e.g. Gemma, AUS
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Young fishermen at Schnapper Point pier, Mornington Peninsula
SOOC Sunday #98
Close to the soul of the sea
Young fishing dreamers
Hosted by Jan @ murrieta365.com
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A view across Red Hill farmland, Mornington Peninsula
Scenic Sunday #115
Festive rolling greens
Celebrating dreams of Spring
Hosted by Aisha (Eugene, OR, US) of The Holleys and The Holley Herald
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ Black swan and cygnet, 2 seagulls and a coot all happily enjoying the lake at Safety Beach Golf Club, Mornington Peninsula.
Camera Critters #129
Many are one in water
Hosted by Misty + supported by Tammy
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A feature on the Dromana Catholic church wall
Shadow Shot Sunday #123
Haiku Heights #10 ~ Sacred ~ suggested by Deepak of Replica.
Hushed sacred shadows
Elongated caring hands
Like treasured icons
Precious calming connections
Hosted by Tracy @ Hey Harriet
Three Lines from Your Heart
A Haiku Art
Hosted by Leo
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
- December (8)
- November (30)
- October (31)
- September (30)
- August (31)
- July (31)
- June (30)
- May (31)
- April (30)
- March (31)
- February (29)
- January (36)
- December (37)
- November (31)
- October (33)
- September (41)
- August (38)
- July (38)
- June (35)
- May (39)
- April (40)
- March (35)
- February (49)
- January (46)
- December (34)
- November (51)
- October (47)
- September (43)
- August (33)
- July (42)
- June (41)
- May (54)
- April (73)
- March (92)
- February (69)
- January (133)
- December (105)
- November (100)
- October (110)
- I'm Off to the Willow Manor Ball Tonight!
- Where Am I?
- A Little Bit of Christmas
- A Zen Corner
- Soft Lights and No Music!
- Levels of Blue
- Mystical Waters
- A Little One in Red
- Beauty of a Snail
- White Innocence
- Bittern General Store Sign
- Monument to 3000 Days
- I'm Not An Angel!
- Enigmatic Phenomena of Love
- Weekend Nature #19 ~ Fields of Spring Beauty
- Young Fishermen
- Rolling Spring Light
- Many Feathers Make One Water World
- Sacred Shadows
- Bold Orange
- In the Style of Silverstein's Whimsy
- Natural Attractions
- Black and White Portrait
- Classical Statuette at Mornington
- Weekend Mailbox #24 ~ Framed Mailbox!
- Pale Relections
- Do I Know You?
- Wheels Friday #13 ~ Forgotten Wheels!
- Mists of Spring Morning
- A Stretch at Vision Gardens
- Particles of Spring
- I have never been to Parma...but...
- Vision Gardens Display
- Floral Sculpture
- Passing Thoughts #9 ~ Vision Gardens, Bittern
- The Blues Train
- Frankston Waterway
- Passing Thoughts #8 ~ World Peace Day Today!
- Swiss Traveller
- As It Was...And Will Be...
- Sweet Little Butcher Bird
- Wonder of Blossoms
- Fairy Gold
- Shadow's Cuddle Rug
- No One Would Have Believed...
- Weekend Nature #18 ~ Pleasure Pool
- Feathered Face in the Blossoms
- Scenic Frankston Foreshore
- Shadowy Steps
- Red Hill Consolidated School
- Black and White Character
- Skeleton Impression
- Weekend Mailbox #23 ~ For the Lion!
- Layers of South Yarra Blues
- Wheels Friday #12 ~ Mobile Catering!
- Brooding Skies
- Little Elephants
- New Sunrise, New Hope
- Fading Blues
- Winter Swimming Has Its Limits!
- Sensitive Memories
- A Little Red-Hooded Boat
- Behind the Mask
- Glowing White Flower
- Kookaburra and a Touch of Gold
- Overpass or Underpass?
- Shadow Mask
- Weekend Nature #17 ~ Red Hill Countryside
- A Glimpse of a Dream
- Dreaming of Warmer Days
- Shadowy Red Door
- Waddling the Maze
- Weekend Mailbox #22 ~ Swinging Mail
- Rainy Reflections
- Wheels Friday #11 ~ More Motorbikes!
- Blush of Morning
- Little Guardian
- Painting by the Sea
- Still, Still Waters
- A Touch of Red at the Winery
- Street Sailing
- Awakening Blossoms
- Dromana Tourist Information Centre
- It's Still Raining!
- Weekend Nature #16 ~ Point Leo Textures
- Open Beauty
- Wave Textures
- Close of Day
- Shadows and Lace
- Monkey Mum to a Kitten
- Symbol of Hot!
- Passing Thoughts #7 ~ For Christchurch
- Flowers in Rainy Mist
- Weekend Mailbox #21 ~ Yes! It's a Mailbox!
- Silhouette Reflections
- Wheels Friday #10 ~ I Love Motorbikes!
- First Spring Mornings
- Fountain Fantasy
- Dolphin Welcome
- Lively Spring Waters
- August (107)
- July (106)
- June (73)
- May (74)
- April (62)
- March (60)
- February (50)
- January (49)
- December (52)
- November (36)
- October (67)
- September (100)
- August (110)
- July (100)
- June (83)
- May (70)
- April (70)
- March (63)
- February (30)
- January (59)
- December (67)
- November (103)
- October (83)
- September (74)
- August (77)
- July (83)
- June (51)
- May (38)
- April (71)
- March (51)
- February (16)
- January (57)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title