Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ A bronze statue (sculpted by Peter Corlett) of John Cain jr, a former premier of Victoria, Australia.
This is one of four life-size statues of premiers outside the Treasury building in Melbourne.
The other statues are of Rupert Hamer, Henry Bolte and Albert Dunstan.
Each statue was commissioned by eccentric premier Jeff Kennett as a collective monument to those who served more than 3,000 days (8 years and a few months) in office.
There have been 45 premiers in the last 150 years and only 4 (post World War II) met the 3000 days criteria.
One Single Impression #135 ~ Monument
Prompt suggested by Ramesh Sood ~ A Little More Than Ordinary
Monuments mean achievements
Character cross-roads in time
Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ These statues of Henry Bolte and Albert Dunstan have been placed to appear chatting!
And is it my imagination, but Dunstan seems to have a remarkable resemblance to Sir Winston Churchill!
Hosted by Andrée and SandyCarlson
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Monument to 3000 Days
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title