AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes

AUSTRALIA ~ The Antipodes
I love a sunburnt country / A land of sweeping plains / Of ragged mountain ranges / Of droughts and flooding rains / I love her far horizons / I love her jewel-sea / Her beauty and her terror / The wide brown land for me / ~ Dorothea Mackellar (1885-1968)

Followers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Holiday Reading ~ "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"


Carry on Tuesday #19 ~ Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
~ Albert Camus
~
There are those who dwell on
The fringes of life
Wide-eyed
Gently rocking
The sexual and mental cradle of identity ~
Painting the usual questions
(And answers) in
Luminous watercolours
Until
Addition
(Aside) Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Subtraction
(Aside) Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Multiplication and
Division
Sport
No
Absolute
Boundaries
~
(Aside) Just walk beside me and be my friend.
~
For one year
Letters to some dear friend
(From teenage Charlie)
Spill into
An emotional
Void
~
I keep quiet most of the time, and only one kid named Sean really seemed to notice me.
(page 7)
~
Imagine the impulse of
Stars on
A pane of sky
Imagine the impulse is like
An orb of echidna quills
~
I will call people by different names or generic names because I don't want you to find me.
(page 2)
~
Small
Emotional
A reader
e. e. cummings
Catcher in the Rye

Walden
To Kill a Mockingbird

~
And I know that my aunt Helen would still be alive today if she just bought me one present like everybody else. She would be alive if I were born on a day that didnt snow.
(page 92)
~
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
~
And somewhere in the melting pot
(Maybe the equation) is
A psychiatrist
~
Epilogue
As we went into the tunnel, I didn't hold up my arms like I was flying. I just let the wind rush over my face. And I started smiling and crying at the same time...And I was really there. And that was enough to make me feel infinite.
(page 213)
~

~


3 comments:

keiths ramblings said...

You are clever! A poetic book review complete with the Carry On post built in. A truly original idea.

Andy Sewina said...

Crumbs, this is LOADED!

nICELY!!

saysteph said...

:D

It is the greatest book, so glad you read it (:

CALENDAR

Tasmania

Tasmania
A place of beauty in the Western Tiers

Tasmania

Tasmania
View near Blackwood Park Cottages, Mole Creek

New Landscapes

New Landscapes
New Worlds

Archive of Blog Quotes

  • A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
  • Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
  • Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
  • Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
  • Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
  • Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman

Google Analytics

The Inner Light of the Spirit

The Inner Light of the Spirit
The Spirit of Inner Light

Lady Gemma

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails