Banquet Scene with a Lute Player by Nicolas Tournier, 1625
Magpie Tales #67 ~ Willow's Picture Prompt
One Shot Wednesday #47
The Poetry Pantry #51
I know that this is no "happy families" get together
These are your close friends
Bound by time
I am just your
Our lute player tinkles Ariel's song
But he plays to closed souls...
Just this once
PLEASE let me join your thoughts...
I am sure you are rattled by
Assertive claims that
Is not the centre of the universe
But the point is
Do you dismiss his claims
In line with our Catholic teachings
Or do you and your friends
Could it be
I see you peering at the trembling shaft of moonlight
And one friend follows your gaze
Are you seeking answers
Do you fear what the answer may be
And I am slowly realising that
If the Earth is not the centre of the universe
NOTE: Galileo Galilei(1564-1642) was an Italian scientist and astronomer who supported Copernicus' heliocentric view, which placed the Sun at the centre of the universe. Philosophers and clerics denounced Galileo to the Roman Inquisition early in 1615.
In February 1616, although he had been cleared of any offence, the Catholic Church nevertheless condemned heliocentrism as "false and contrary to Scripture".
The date on the prompt image seems to fit in with these events.
Hosted by Willow
One Shot Wednesday @ One Stop Poetry – For Poets, Writers & Artists
The Poetry Pantry is hosted by Poets United
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title