To me, Leonard Cohen's song Suzanne reaches into the secret darkness of the yearning soul.
It speaks to the physical, spiritual and social conscience.
One Stop Poetry ~ Celebrating Leonard Cohen
+ One Shot Wednesday
Poetry Pantry #57
Among the sensual secrets of the soul is a longing to
An eternal flagon of
On the bank
The river bank
Tea and oranges
Earthy heavenly juices
A river of
Real diamonds and
And there too is a new Siren
A blind girl
Blind to synthetic social scaffolding
Humble heroes and
One Stop Poetry – For Poets, Writers & Artists
The Poetry Pantry is hosted by Poets United
Sunday, July 10, 2011
A Tribute to Leonard Cohen's "Suzanne"
Photos for Sale on RedBubble
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
SONGS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Damien Leith - his citizenship ceremony in Tenterfield + he sings "Tenterfield Saddler" - Australia Day 2007
- "I Still Call Australia Home" - Peter Allen's beautiful song sung by the Outback Singers - absolutely stunning!
- "I Am Australian" - delightful Australian images synchronise with a song of the Australian spirit - The Seekers
- "Great Southern Land" - the deepest wells of the Australian spirit - Icehouse (1989)
Australian Photography, Painting & Music Links
- Tia Kane Art - Chinese art through Australian eyes
- Kieran Murphy - Amazing 19yr old (2008) guitarist - Melbourne = "The Chase"
- Ian Wallace - Award winning photographer from Tasmania
- Lindsay Buckland - Music - Eclipse of the Common Sense - Melbourne, Australia
- Andonis - Heroic Mosaic Art - Melbourne Australia
- Michelle Wrighton - Pet Portrait Artist - Perth, Western Australia
- David Webb's Nature Photography - Queensland
- Robert Todonai - Painter of Australian Life & Landscapes - Western Australia
General Interest Australian Websites
- Australia's Weirdest Wineries
- Mornington Peninsula Tourism
- Unusual Facts About Australia ~ Some serious, mysterious and fun
- Desert Art - Broken Hill NSW
- The True Blue Roo Poo Company - Funny gifts from Down Under
- Scribbly Gum
- Truly Australia - Travel Australia
- ABC Rural Australia
- ABC Northern Tasmania
- Australian Snapshots
- Message Stick - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Online
More blogs about greyscaleterritory.
- ► 2012 (462)
- Lazing Again!
- Shadows on Parade
- Soft Reflections
- Her mood today...
- A little darkness, a little light...
- My Little Tax Toy
- Shadow and Light Drama
- Blairgowrie View
- Time Out
- Winter Flowers in Sorrento
- But It's Winter!
- A Need?
- More Than Shavings
- Rosebud Clock Tower
- Elusive Reflection
- Soft Sunset
- Two Way Sign
- Winter Surfer
- Celebrating the Opening of dVerse
- Carpark Electrified
- Remember Orpheus and Eurydice
- Mornington's Sign
- A Little Dusty Mystery
- Patched Reflections
- Like a sea of flames...
- Almost French
- Raining in My World
- Two Kinds of Wealth
- Amber Jug
- A Tribute to Leonard Cohen's "Suzanne"
- Shadow's Space
- Marina Beauty
- Main Street Welcome
- Adventures in Waiting
- Ashcombe Maze Fish
- A Sign and a Face
- Morning Stars
- Like a white crow...
- Farewell Writer's Island
- Dorothea's Skies
- ▼ July (42)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (840)
- ► 2008 (771)
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title