The Week #25 prompt for 2011 is “VISION OF THE FUTURE”.
This is the week we all sail off to new adventures, and the last week that Writer’s Island will be open and offering writing prompts — at least in the foreseeable future.
The island has been offering prompts since 2007.
From Rob Kistner: Pardon my sentimentalism, but I have included a piece of art I created quite a number of years ago for my daughter, whose 39th birthday is next week. It was inspired by a photo taken of her and I in 1979, when she was 7.
It is entitled: “A Father’s Love” which is filled with dreams of the future.
Poetry Pantry #56
Snippets of wildflowers
Precious life in barren earth
We see your beauty
For too long
We lost the real colours of living
Warped and charged with electric threads
For too long
A screened life
Fresh worlds are the feasts of kings and queens
Kings and queens of our own lives
Content to welcome sunlight
And cast shadows with our children
Hosted by Rob Kistner
LOCATION: in the Sea of Words
CLIMATE: Warm winds of wonder
The Poetry Pantry is hosted by Poets United
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Farewell Writer's Island
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title