Pic by Gemma Wiseman ~ This mailbox in the Dromana Hills, Mornington Peninsula looks fairly plain and ordinary.
But look where it is!
It's inserted in a wooden door opening to a ramp over a small gully and leading to a front door.
The arches above used to be covered with vines, but now the owners have trimmed it all back!
A mailbox doorway
Opening to open skies
Open to questions
Weekend Mailbox #3
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF WEEKEND MAILBOX!
A few introductory comments:
1. Post a photograph of ANYTHING that relates to mailboxes.
Write a letter (virtual or otherwise)
Write a poetic letter (virtual or otherwise)
Write a story involving MAIL!
**You can select anything to do with MAIL.
Here are a few ideas/subjects!
even VIRTUAL letters
2. Add your name + country (initials) and link to Linky Tools below.
3. Your link must be a "permalink" and go directly to your Weekend Mailbox post.
4. Link back to Weekend Mailbox in your post tags.
5. You may like to use the Weekend Mailbox badge located in this post or on the sidebar! Right click and save it on your computer. When you add it to your post, ensure you click on the image and link it to Gemma's Greyscale Territory. Then others may follow the link here.
P.S. I am aware that U.S. has official mailboxes.
But anything related to mail is great for this meme!
It's OK to think outside "the mailbox"!!!
N.B. As I think of extra possibilities, I will add them to the list!
You may even like to suggest some!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Weekend Mailbox #3 ~ A Mailbox Door to Open Spaces
My Poetry Videos on TeacherTube + Google Video
Archive of Blog Quotes
- A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
- Autumn is an introspective season when stray thoughts of the mind dive into the mystique of the soul - Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn is the bridesmaid of Summer and the flowergirl of Winter ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Autumn whispers the tones of yesterday in a minor key ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Love is born / With a dark and troubled face, / When hope is dead / And in the most unlikely place; / Love is born, / Love is always born. - Michael Leunig's Christmas Song Cycle "Southern Star"
- Spring paints the stars of heaven in Earth colours ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Summer sizzles with a sibilant hush / Broken by dreams of / Clinking ice ~ Gemma Wiseman
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
- Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. - Stanley Horowitz
- Winter is the fire, simmering lonely in the soul ~ Gemma Wiseman
- Winter is the shadow, the etching of the seasons in the mist ~ Gemma Wiseman
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Lady Gemma the Unique of Walk upon Water
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title